11/10/14

gram to the blog - flax & stuff cookies

If there is one thing I know that is 100% correct, my mom makes some pretty delicious cookies and always has! She is always trying something new and it ALWAYS turns out. I most definitely also love to bake and try new recipes. So last night around 11PM I thought I might as well bake some cookies, I haven't been able to do too much in the kitchen for the last two weeks because of my thumb incident. Thus with my strong left hand I went to work. Back in July I was introduced to a recipe that I was skeptical about but have been trying out and changing up quite a bit. A local bakery back home called Tall Grass has this cookie which they named the Folk Fesitval Cookie. I tried it but thought it was only okay. So last night I looked it up again ready to give it another chance. I also went searching in my cupboards for some other things to throw in. 
here's my version:

COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE
3/4 cup salted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup white flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
splash of salt
1 1/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup flax seed
1/4 cup of M&Ms
1 cup chocolate chips

1/4 cup of SKOR bits
1/2 cup shredded coconut

TO DO:
1. Mix butter with brown and white sugar in mixer till creamy. 
2. Add eggs, water and vanilla, stir until combined.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, mix until evenly combined. The dough will be sticky and soft. Chill for 30 min before baking.
4. Make one decent sized spoonful of dough and place onto cookie sheet. Try to make cookie flat (but it’s sticky so it might be difficult).
5. Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes. 

They turned out pretty fantastic if I do say so myself, having one with coffee right now (instead of going to the gym oops!)
Hope you had a great weekend! 
xo
-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment